This self-defense training course focuses on the tactical application of using a semi-automatic pistol while applying aggressive gun handling skills. Students will develop reflexive gun-handling skills that will enable them to quickly and efficiently engage threats while performing multiple complex tasks under stress. This is a fast paced, physically demanding firearms training course! Students should be in good physical condition, familiar with their equipment and have a solid understanding of gun-handling skills established prior to attending this course.
- Principals of personal defense
- Advanced pistol methodology and concepts
- Mental conditioning and combat mindset
- Threat assessment and area scanning
- Multiple attackers/Armed or unarmed attackers
- Fighting while carrying a firearm
- Shooting from different positions
- Shooting on the move/from cover
- Active shooter in a crowded area
- Proper weapon clearing for safety
- Body positioning for optimum stability
- Draw techniques
- Point on target aiming, from cover
- Rapid magazine changes
- Techniques for instant jam corrections
- Closing distance
- Crowd control
- Multiple target acquisitions
- One-handed clearing and reloading
- Live fire speed- accuracy- distance tests from cover (3-15 meters)
- Single-handed draw and shoot from the hip with knife defense
- Shooting while seated
- Krav Maga fighting
- Shooting and assembling the firearm after stress exercises
Available Rentals: Handgun $10
If you do not have a handgun you can rent and purchase ammo.
Duration: ~3 hours
Required for Class:
- Ammunition: Will need at least 150 rounds of ammunition. Ammunition available for purchase, please request prior to class.
- Clothes (warm shirt for concealed training), Pants with belt and holster.