ACTIVE SHOOTER RESPONSE TRAINING
Active Assailant Response Training ASRT
Prior to the training, we will visit the site and perform an all-encompassing security vulnerability assessment, including:
- Assessment of threats and vulnerabilities applicable to your HQ and other physical locations.
- Evaluation of the use of electronic security systems and of their applicability, as compared to best practices and identified threats.
- Review of your physical security policy and procedural documents in relation to best practices and standards.
- Provision of an initial Vulnerability Findings Report, documenting the results of our vulnerability site-assessment.
Part 2: A safety lecture about active shooter situations and the proper response, with specific locations within the building, as well as addressing any questions about the issue.
Part 3: A hands-on preparation training of how to deal with an active shooter situation and the diverse ways it can happen.
We will cover:
Preparing for the shooter
- Defending the Room – Understand the difference between cover and concealment
- Weapons of Survival – How to use ordinary objects to slow down the impact of a bullet
- Assuming Leadership Position – How to take charge during a crisis
- Locking the Door – How to get out of the shooter’s kill zone
- Setting the Room for a Fight- Getting the room and people ready to fight
Disrupting the shooter
- Counter Intrusion Tactics – Learn what to do and not do when the shooter enters your room.
- Controlling the hands
- Working together as a unit to control the attacker
Stopping the killer
- Watch the life and death difference between taking action to save yourself or just hiding under a table.
- Learn how to work as a team and collectively stop the shooter’s attack.
Following the training:
You will be provided with a detailed review and report of findings for employee safety and security procedures, including an active assailant policy, and procedures for all client locations. We will provide one for each location.
LEARN LIFE SAVING SKILLS